My Guide Website?
Gdansk Old Town Tour with Amber Altar Tickets and Guide35 Reviews
Follow the medieval Amber Road to Gdansk and see the remarkable Amber Altar in St. Bridgetâ€™s Church! Join a walking tour of the Old Town & Main Town, visit St. Maryâ€™s Basilica, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Gdansk:If youĘ»re booking your trip to Gdansk last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- GdaĹ„sk: City Sights and History Guided Walking Tour
- Malbork Castle: Private Tour from Gdansk, Sopot or Gdynia
- Gdansk, Gdynia, and Sopot: 8-Hour Private Sightseeing Tour
- Gdansk: Winter Kayaking Tour
- From Gdansk: Half-Day Malbork Castle Tour with Audioguide
- See both the Old Town and Main Town of Gdansk in 1 day with a 5-Star Local Guide
- Marvel at the altar made entirely of amber in St. Bridgetâ€™s Church
- Visit the largest gothic brick church in the world - St. Maryâ€™s Basilica
- Learn about medieval life and trade at the historic Long Market
- Discover top attractions, hidden gems, best souvenir shops, restaurants and pubs
DescriptionWith many years of experience in organizing the best-selling guided tours in Gdansk, we invite you on an original walking tour of the Old Town and Main Town. Our Licensed Local Guide will show you the best of Gdansk, its history, culture, daily life, regional traditions and customs. Only with us you will visit St. Bridgetâ€™s Church, home to the remarkable Amber Altar! Come and feel the magic of Gdansk! Join a 2-hour 15-minute group tour of the Old Town and Main Town of Gdansk. We start our adventure in front of the High Gate, one of the few medieval city gates decorating the historic center. A Local Expert will lead our 25-person group through the charming Dluga street to the Long Market (Dlugi Targ), which in the Middle Ages was one of the busiest markets in the Baltic Sea region. We'll listen to stories about the wealthy merchants who gathered at the Artus Court to trade amber and other goods, and we'll admire the colorful tenement houses and the legendary Neptuneâ€™s Fountain. Weâ€™ll take a walk along the picturesque embankment of the Motlawa River and see a medieval port Crane, one of the most iconic symbols of Gdansk. The guide will also take us inside St. Maryâ€™s Basilica - the largest gothic brick church in the world. The highlight of our tour will be a visit inside the Basilica of St. Bridget, which played an important role as a sanctuary for the leaders of the anti-communist movement Solidarnosc. We're the only tour operator to provide entrance tickets to this church to show you its unique treasure: an altar made entirely of amber. Itâ€™s a must-see attraction, so book now!
IncludesWalking tour of Gdansk Old Town and Main Town 5-Star Licensed Guide with live commentary in 1 language Tickets to the Amber Altar in St. Bridgetâ€™s Church Free entry to St. Maryâ€™s Basilica Sightseeing in small group of up to 25 participants Insiderâ€™s tips and recommendations on local food, alcohols and souvenirs
- You should arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes early, as latecomers won't be able to join the tour or receive a refund The guide will provide commentary in 1 language. Select your preferred language when booking. We will have a maximum of 25 participants. This tour is not suitable for people with disabilities. There is no luggage storage so please do not bring extra clothing, umbrellas, large bags, suitcases, scooters, etc. Pets are not allowed. Entry to St. Bridgetâ€™s Church (Amber Altar) and St. Mary's Basilica during masses and special events is restricted, and the opening hours may vary. Tickets to the Observation Tower of St. Mary's Basilica is not included. We're not afraid of the sun and rain, so the tour will take place as planned, regardless of weather, so please check the forecast and dress appropriately. It is a walking tour, so we recommend wearing comfortable shoes.