My Guide Website?
Gdańsk: City Sights and History Guided Walking Tour8 Reviews
Explore the streets of Gdańsk on this city highlights walking tour. Immerse yourself in the city's history as you walk the Royal Route and see sights like St. Mary's Basilica and a medieval crane.
- Step back in time as your guide tells you about how WWII began in the city
- Stroll through Long Market and stop to see the fountain of Neptune
- Admire a medieval treadwheel crane at the Zuraw crane in the harbor
- Marvel at St. Mary's Basilica, the largest brick Gothic church in the world
- Listen to the story of Gdańsk's continual push towards independence
DescriptionPlease note that booking this tour you will be joining our general free walking tour (tour in which it is up to the guest how to reward his or her guide). In this case the amount you pay covers the reservation fee and the guide's payment. If you wish to join a smaller, private tour let us know and we will organise it for you! Discover the architecture and history of Gdańsk on a walking tour that covers the same route that was walked for centuries by the kings of Poland. Dive into local culture which was has Polish, Dutch and German influences. Meet your guide at the city's Golden Gate and make your way to the colorful merchant town houses that were destroyed by the war, but painstakingly rebuilt. Hear about how merchants made the town the richest city on the Baltic Sea. Walk thorugh Long Market and see the Neptune fountain. Admire St. Mary's Basilica's Gothic brick work and view the Zuraw treadwheel crane in the harbor which is the largest of its kind in the world and a symbol of the city. See the city's rivers and canals as you walk. Travel back in time as your guide tells you about how WWII started in the city and how the Solidarity movement heralded the fall of communism in the Eastern block.
IncludesWalking tour Guide
ExcludesHotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour will take place rain or shine