My Guide Website?
Gdansk: Traditional Polish Food Private Tour28 Reviews
See the sights and sample the local food of Gdansk on an amazing walking tour. Learn the city's fascinating history and stop for tastings at some of the city’s specialty food stores and restaurants.
- Taste typical traditional polish cuisine
- Visit 3 specially chosen places in Gdansk
- Enjoy the tour with your private licensed guide
- Learn about Gdansk's history, unique culture and tradition
- Try different types of Polish specialties, local spirits and remarkable beers
DescriptionExperience the culture of eating that has strong roots among Polish people on a private tour with a professional guide. Experience Polish culinary delights at carefully chosen local venues and see the highlights of the Old Town on a guided walking tour. Choose an option that best suits the needs of your group, including varying durations and tours in English, Norwegian, or Swedish. All tours include a private walking tour taking in St. Mary’s Church, Long Market, and Neptune’s Fountain among many others depending on the options chosen. The 2.5-hour tour option allows you to sample a basic set of foods in 2 places, including different kinds of dumplings, Polish meats, and other specialists. You’ll also have 1 soft drink followed by cake and coffee or tea at a patisserie while also having a brief guided tour of the Old Town. On the 3.5-hour option, you’ll taste even more traditional Polish foods at 3 venues. The menu includes the basic options as well as a traditional soup and a beer. During the tasting, your guide also will tell you about Polish traditions and customs. To explore even further the culture of Poland, choose the special 5-hour option where you’ll have a combination of tasting not only food but also vodka or beer. Enjoy 8 kinds of beer or 8 kinds of vodka as you get to know the local history even better. Visit hidden locations down lovely narrow alleys and see remarkable buildings including the Golden Gate and Artus Court on an extended walking tour of Gdansk.
IncludesTastings of various traditional food at carefully chosen venues Guided, highlights walking tour of Gdansk Old Town Typical polish appetizer, soup, main courses, and dessert Private licensed guide More food than you are able to eat Beverages in every place: one soft drink, one regional beer, and coffee/tea
- If one dish isn't available it will be replaced by another traditional one
- The golden rule in Poland is to serve enough food to make a table collapse. You are advised to just eat breakfast and skip lunch, or you won’t be able to try everything
- Please check your e-mail for important information one day prior to the tour
- Please advise the tour operator in advance of any food allergies or if you are vegetarian
- Please ensure you are on time to enjoy full program; in case of delay the guide will wait up to 30 minutes for you
- In the premium 5-hour version, you need to choose from Beer Tasting or Vodka Tasting - please inform the supplier about your decision in advance