Gdansk: Private Communism Tour with Solidarity Center Museum3 Reviews
Spend the day exploring Gdansk's shipyard area as you learn about the history and consequences of the PRL period with a private guide. Visit the impressive interactive museum dedicated to the history of communism in Poland at the Solidarity Center.
- Learn about the Solidarity movement on a private guided walking tour
- Discover how the shipyard workers liberated Gdansk from communism
- Walk through the Shipyard area and see the most important monuments
- Enjoy complimentary pick up from your hotel in the Gdansk Old Town
- Skip-the-line on an optional visit to the European Solidarity Centre
DescriptionStart the walking tour in Gdansk Shipyard which was once the working place for thousands of people. Listen to stories about the communist era in Poland which was a hard time for all citizens. Discover how their determination led to the collapse of totalitarian systems in Europe. Learn about how Lech Walesa, the worker from the shipyard, became the leader of the first free trade union Solidarity and later became the first democratically-elected Polish president in post-WWII history. During the 2-hour version of the tour, see the Three Crosses Monument, the popular monument to the shipyard workers which shows how turbulent and dramatic the history of modern Europe was after 1945. Then walk through the historic Main Gate with 20 postulates of workers before continuing on to the old shipyard buildings. Stop at Sala BHP, the Shipyard Museum, where the agreement with the communists was signed. Finish the tour with a stroll around the shipyard to witness how work continues there to this day. See where the workers ate and receive a shot of Polish vodka. Opt to take the extended 4-hour version of the tour to spend an additional 2 hours exploring the European Solidarity Centre - one of the newest, interactive, and most interesting museums in Gdansk. Your guide will help you to understand the exhibition and the historical context surrounding the incident that took place in the Gdansk shipyard.
IncludesPrivate, adaptable tour led by a licensed guide PRL traditional soft drink or shot of Polish vodka Pickup from hotels in Gdansk Old Town Visit to Sala BHP, the place where the agreement with the communists was signed History and facts about the Polish People's Republic times in Gdansk Skip-the-line tickets to the European Solidarity Center (when extended option selected) Hotel pick-up from hotels outside Gdansk Old Town
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information
- Please note that pick-up from your hotel is only possible from the Gdansk Old Town - guests from outside the Gdansk Old Town are encouraged to arrange their own transportation when making a reservation
- Guests who don't require pick-up should meet the guide in front of the Three Crosses Monument, Plac Solidarności, 80-001 Gdańsk
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability