Gdansk Old Town Half-Day Private Walking Tour9 Reviews
Explore the historic city of Gdansk on a guided half-day walking tour through its rich culture. Visit the medieval Arthur’s Court Museum, watch an amber polishing demonstration at the Amber Chamber, and see one of the most beautiful markets in Europe.
- Walk the historic streets of Gdansk with an expert city guide
- See one of the most beautiful markets in Europe, and admire exquisite Renaissance buildings on Ulica Dluga
- Visit the former center of merchant activity at the Arthur's Court Museum
- See a 15th-century crane, used to install masts on ships
- Watch an amber polishing demonstration and learn about amber
DescriptionWalk through the historic heart of Gdansk Old Town and discover one of the most beautiful cities in Europe during a 4-hour tour. Starting from Dluga Street, site of the old market square, you will pass through the historic gates of the city, visiting Arthur's Court, Neptune Fountain, the Old Crane, and 15th-century Basilica of St Mary's. Soak up the charm of Gdansk Old Town, as you walk along Dluga Street, admiring superb Renaissance buildings and the flamboyant Town Hall. Look at the gilded statue of King Sigismund II Augustus of Poland perched high on the Town Hall spire. Pass Neptune Fountain to Arthur's Court, the former meeting place of the city’s merchants, now a branch of the Gdańsk History Museum. After a visit to the museum, continue to Green Gate overlooking the Motlawa River. Enjoy an amber polishing demonstration, with a short lecture on amber, at the Amber Court, and visit the Old Crane, one of the most popular symbols of the city. Marvel at the 15th-century crane, used to install ship masts and to load cargo. End your tour at Europe's biggest Gothic brick church, the stunning Basilica of St. Mary’s.
IncludesGdansk city guide Visit to Amber Chamber for an amber polishing demonstration Entrance to Arthur's Court (EUR 3 per person) Entrance to the Town Hall (EUR 3 per person) Entrance to St. Mary's Cathedral (EUR 1.50 per person)
- Meet at the Golden Gate in Gdansk Old Town
- Please choose a language for your tour at the time of booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY