My Guide Website?
Gdansk: Luxury Old Town Walking Tour For Scandinavians1 Reviews
Follow the Scandinavian trail in Gdansk with an Expert Guide to discover the historical and cultural links between Poland and Scandinavia. Discover Scandinavian symbols in the Old Town.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Gdansk:If youʻre booking your trip to Gdansk last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a Scandinavian city tour of Gdansk led by a 5-Star Private Guide
- Discover the connections between the history & culture of Scandinavia and Poland
- Learn about the Swedish invasion of Poland
- Discover Scandinavian symbols in the Old Town and St. Mary's Church
- See the remarkable amber altar in the church of St. Bridget
DescriptionWe took into account the needs and interests of the Scandinavians and created a trip especially for you. During this original tour, we will look for Scandinavian symbols hidden in the Old Town of Gdansk and explore the long history of relations between Poland and Denmark, Norway and Sweden. There is more to discover here than you might think. Come and see! Book a 2-hour Scandinavian-style tour of Gdansk. Like on our regular walking tours of the Old Town we will introduce you to local history and legends but with a special focus on Scandinavian influences. You will hear the stories of the first Vikings who sailed up the Vistula river and the Polish Princess Swietoslawa who first married Eric the Victorious of Sweden then King Sweyn Forkbeard of Denmark and Norway. Are you curious to find out how these unions shaped the history of Europe? As you walk through the iconic Long Market, your Expert Guide will share more stories about the trade and cultural contacts that developed between Gdansk and Scandinavian cities on the Baltic Sea during the Hanseatic League. You will discover the hidden symbols of the Polish kings of the Swedish Vasa League on the facade of Artus Court, and learn about the merchants who flowed into the city from the Motława River. Inside St. Mary’s Church you will find more traces of Scandinavian visitors and citizens of Gdansk. The tour will end at the Great Armory,, an ideal place to tell you about the Swedish invasion of Poland and the Great Northern War and how the Polish-Scandinavian relations developed after Poland regained its independence. Book an extended 3-hour tour to enhance your Scandinavian experience with a visit to St. Bridget’s Basilica. This basilica church is named after the celebrated St. Bridget of Sweden, whose funeral procession passed through the Motława town. The guide will tell you the story of Swedish noons who attended Gdańsk’s former Bridgettine convent. You will also see the world-famous amber altar. Tickets are included.
IncludesExclusive Scandinavian History Tour of the Old Town in Gdansk (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the selected language Free admission to St. Mary’s Church Tickets to St. Bridget’s Basilica (3-hour tour only) Pickup from your accommodation (Old Town only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. St. Bridget's Basilica isn't included in a 2-hour tour. Guided tours inside the churches during mass and special events (such as scheduled concerts) are limited, therefore the guide may provide all information outside. Pickup service is available for accommodations / hotels located in the Old Town. Please provide your full address when booking. The itinerary will be adjusted accordingly. If you do not provide your address or your accommodation is more than 1,5 km away from the designated meeting point, the guide will meet you in front of the tourist information sign under the High Gate - Brama Wyżynna, Wały Jagiellońskie 2A, 80-887 Gdańsk.