My Guide Website?
Gdansk: 4-hour Polish Food Tour3 Reviews
Savor the flavors of Poland on a 4-hour food tasting tour of Gdansk. Discover what “gołąbki” and “żurek” are. Learn about how fish are part of the food culture, and hear fascinating stories about the Polish relationship to their gastronomy.
- Enjoy up to 18 food tastings at 4 to 5 venues in central Gdansk
- Try a variety of Polish cheeses, ham, cold cuts and fish from the Baltic Sea
- Learn about the history, culture, and heritage of the foods you sample
DescriptionFeast your way around Gdansk on a half-day food tasting tour, and experience Polish hospitality at its most abundant. With our expert foodie guide you will explore Polish cuisine with up to 18 tastings (enough for a full meal with dessert). Learn that Polish cuisine is much more than pierogi (cheese and potato dumplings, mostly served in English-speaking restaurants) as you sample cold cuts and cheeses, regional fish and much more. Visit 4 to 5 carefully selected establishments, and hear the stories behind them. Discover why the Poles complain about the quality of their bread, why they sometimes long for food produced in the 1970s and why 'fermented' doesn't mean 'gone off.' Walk off some of the calories along the way, admiring the city center of Gdansk.
IncludesFood tastings at all the venues you visit (12 to 18 dishes) A bottle of water A shot of Polish vodka Written summary of the tour and tips on recommended locations
- The golden rule of Polish hosts is to serve enough food to make a table collapse. Expect enough for a full meal with dessert. You are recommended to eat breakfast, but skip lunch, or you won’t be able to try everything
- Polish cuisine is based on pork, so if you are vegetarian, many dishes served during the tour won't be suitable
- Please advise of any food allergies so that the menu can be adjusted
- If the guide responsible for the tour considers a participant to be behaving in a way that is impeding the tour, the participant may be asked to leave