My Guide Website?
Gdansk: Old Town Highlights Tour with Amber Altar Access31 Reviews
Explore the stunning highlights of Gdank's Old Town and Main town. Discover oft-missed hidden gems. Marvel at a unique altar made entirely of amber.
- Explore the highlights of Gdansk led by a licensed guide
- Learn the history of Gdansk as well as the traditions and customs of Polish people
- Admire the architecture of the Old Town
- Experience the everyday life of the locals and things Gdansk is famous for
- Visit St. Mary’s Church, the largest gothic brick church in the world
- Gaze upon the stately St. Bridget's altar, made entirely of amber
DescriptionGdansk was the most important city for the economy of Poland in medieval times and it's one of the most unique places on earth. On this tour, you'll gain a better understanding of culture, history and everyday life of local people. During this 2-hour walking tour, you'll see the highlights and main attractions of Gdansk including Neptune's Fountain, Arthur's Court, and The Old Crane. Explore St. Mary's Basilica, the largest brick-constructed gothic church in the world. An English-speaking guide will outline the history of these places to you, providing insights into the city's history and bustling urban life. The guide will also give you some tips about traditional restaurants, bakeries and other things that Gdansk is famous for. Rare among tours, you'll explore both the Old and Main town, gaining insights into Gdansk's historical and contemporary culture. Gaze in awe at the Amber Altar in St. Bridget's church, a perfect summation of Gdansk's commitment to fine craftsmanship in amber. Hear riveting stories of local life from your guide, exploring lesser-known sections of town all but unknown to most tour groups, primarily frequented by locals.
Includes2-hour guided walking tour around Old Town and Main Town with a licensed, English-speaking guide Entrance to the Amber Altar in St. Bridget’s Church Entrance to St. Mary’s Church Sightseeing in small group of no more than 15 participants Tips about local restaurants, patisseries, and pubs
- • This tour takes place regardless of weather conditions
- You must bring sensible footwear for walking