My Guide Website?
Gdansk: Gniew Castle Private Guided Tour1 Reviews
Explore Gniew Castle and learn the history of the Teutonic Knights. Visit the best-preserved Teutonic castle and its most important parts, including the ancient torture chamber. Your professional guide will tell you the best facts and legends.
- Visit Gniew Castle, the best-preserved Teutonic castle in Pomerania
- Get to know the long history of this Gothic castle and its exceptional architecture
- Enter the Pelplin Cathedral and admire its rich interior, decorations and altars
- Walk around the beautiful area around the castle
- Learn everything you want from your private guide
DescriptionVisit authentic Castle and explore halls, chapels, ancient torture chambers and exhibits to experience the medieval times of knights and kings. The Castle in Gniew is a historic residence built in the thirteenth century. This Gothic Teutonic castle was built on a square plan, an it’s clearly visible, even with past expansions. Your professional guide will tell you all about the history of the castle and who used to inhabit this beautiful, well-preserved building. Walk through many rich chambers, including the torture chamber, castle chapel and defense galleries. There will also be time to stop at a local restaurant for lunch if you will feel hungry. The small and charming village of Pelplin, which houses a stunning cathedral. This unexpected huge sacral building is named after the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Enter the gate and see what is inside one of the biggest brick churches in Poland, admire its great organs, amazing roof and big paintings on high walls.
IncludesPrivate 6-hour tour to Gniew and Pelplin led by licensed guide Comfortable private transport with English-speaking driver Private professional guide in Gniew Castle Entrance fees to the Gniew Castle Entrance fees to Pelplin Cathedral Pickup and drop-off from your hotel
- • Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information